Glencadam has its home in Eastern Highlands, in the city of Brechin, very close to now defunct North Port Distillery.
The distillery was founded in 1825 and for over a Century was fighting for survival. Things changed in 1954 when Hiram Walker & Sons took over and creamy Glencadam malt became major component of several blends, such as Ballantine’s, Teacher’s and Ambassador. Since 2003 the distillery has been owned by Angus Dundee plc and supplies malt to the extended company blended whisky portfolio. The 10 years old expression was introduced in 2008.
Nose: sweet and fragrant, vanilla, honey, sweet cereals, pears, apples, peaches, hints of hay and oak shavings.
Palate: creamy, vanilla custard, honey, lemon zest, apples, pears, sweet spice and restrained nutty dryness.
Finish: medium long, initially sweet, soon becoming drier with oak and pepper.